Saturday, September 27, 2014

Maine and over 2,000 miles complete!

Tom is trekking on and passed Stratton, Maine this week. He tells me that he was able to take the first shower in nine days! yikes!
He saw a moose this morning and snow was expected in some of the higher elevations. Kevin will join him on October 4.  I packed their hiker boxes and mailed them yesterday; Kevin's with some skittles as requested and Tom's with some chocolate bars.
Tom sounds actually energized and knowing that there are less than 200 miles to go is encouraging. The wireless signals are few and far between in Maine and I will hear an update again in about 5 days when he reaches The Lakeshore House in Monsoon, Maine. He tells me that many folks are on the trail now and the hikers are all trying to finish before October 15 when the end point, Katahdin, is closed for the season due to weather conditions.
I am posting his photos...the beautiful views speak for themselves.
Anne.


Hiking Mahoosuc Notch

Hiking the notch with Peter Rodegast







Trail Angel "Looney Laurie" gave me a ride back to the trailhead from Rangeley but wanted to show me Small Falls first



Scrambles, who I had not seen since Gatlinburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment