Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thanks, All!

I am incredibly grateful for all the support I am receiving from family and friends as I prepare to go.  The last couple of days I have been "fed up"... gaining a few pounds for the start of the journey. Sorry I didn't get a picture of the spread on Friday night, Debra - it was awesome!  I did include a picture of my first helping at our family gathering yesterday.  My nephew Brian and his family hosted... and brother Dave brought enough NY strip steak and pork to feed hundreds!  I look forward to the final pre-hike meal later... a Mexican grill feast near the trailhead.  After that one, I won't see food like that again for a while.

Now, its time to go.  My support team, including my four-legged personal trainer Koa, is taking me to the trailhead this morning.  Interesting "coincidence" that today's devotional reading from Philippians included this message: "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal..."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,
    Blessings my Brother I will be following you and praying for a safe and successful hike. Shirley and I will donate to the center on your behalf. Dejanos saber si podemos hacer algo por ti. Dios te Bendiga my Hermano!!! Enrique.

    ReplyDelete