Sunday, July 27, 2014

Out of Vermont and Into New Hampshire-Mile 1742 -July 27

Tom has enjoyed a few days of really ideal weather and continues his Vermont trek. You hardly need any words to enjoy these scenes.        

Vermont field along the trail


Lunch from a farm stand
Lookout cabin Mile 1715
Trail magic-if you can see the writing on the cooler-it reads "You are Beautiful and I love You" It contained bananas and granola bars.
 

It cannot be summer without a few bug bites. Tom crossed over into New Hampshire yesterday afternoon and walked by a fair in Norwich, VT along the way before checking out Hanover, New Hampshire.
 
 
 
His plan is to start his trek into the White Mountains this week then catch a shuttle back to Hanover, VT so that he can fly home for a few family happenings. This all is depending on the weather. The White Mountains are not where a hikers needs to be in thunderstorms...stay tuned!
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom. I must be the least pc literate person alive. After faithfully reading each of Anne's posts about your progress along the trail, just as you cross into my home state of NH do I realize that I can leave a comment. But it looks like I may catch you just in time. Be careful in NH as the trails are known to be invaded from time to time by Seaweed Head Warriors, crazed by Old Mildew and the like. Be careful my friend, be very careful up there!

    Tom Eaglet Keenan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom-Tom and I both laughed out loud after reading your comment! I still have a copy of you two warriors in the lake! A reunion is definitely on our calendar after Tom is done with this hike adventure!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete