Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Aargh...A Second Consecutive Zero Day

Given the forecasted very strong T-storms for this afternoon for this region, I reluctantly decided not to start back on the trail until tomorrow when it looks like the weather is "clear sailing".  I can tell you that the second consecutive zero becomes frustrating, boring and something that causes me to think "Maybe I should have...".  I don't want this hike to become a life-long event.

It is about 4:00 PM, the time when the heavy storms were supposed to hit, and we have not had anything but some fairly light rain so far. Now they are saying the storms are coming later.  (But maybe I could have made it to the shelter by then...)

Anyway, there are many hikers in the same predicament.  Several of us are going out to dinner at 7:00.  One of the volunteer shuttle drivers from town has agreed to pick me up at the hotel at 7:30 AM tomorrow and get me back up to the trailhead.  Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment